Wednesday, August 29, 2007

getting ready

I went to the doctor yesterday and found out that I am 2 centimeters dialated and 50% effaced (is that how you spell it?). It's kind of driving me crazy to know that all you'd need to give me is pitocin and I'd have a baby within hours. Once my body gets going and you give me pitocin, my deliveries go fast. But I still need to wait. No pitocin for me.....until the 19th. I have a scheduled induction for the 19th so at least I know I won't go past my due date (the 23rd). So now it's just a question if I make it till then. I want this baby OUT!


p.s. I'm having a terrible time thinking of anything interesting to blog about other than pregnancy related issues. So sorry about that. I don't mean to be "borafill", as Mike would say (translation: borafill = extremely boring :)).

9 comments:

Chris said...

Patience, Patience Audra..hahaha..he'll be here before ya know it. Right now he's easy to take care of remember..lol

John said...

I need you to sign an agreement that you will continue to blog - regularly - during :) and after the birth of Mikey, Jr. No excuses regarding nursing, lack of sleep, hormonal imbalance, et. al. Thanks, I appreciate your commitment. I will get something faxed over tomorrow for you to notarize. Tell Mike you are not being borafill!

Shana said...

LOL, Well, at least you can go early!! :) But ya, I totally agree. Preganancy and getting the baby out is ALL you think about the last month and a half!! I don't care what others say! Just take it easy... uh, actually run a marathon and maybe he'll come out! ;) But maybe it is best he cooks for a few weeks longer! Good Luck!

Michelle Pyne said...

The last days of a pregnancy are the slowest days in the world! They seem to never ever end. Life goes into slow motion.

We are counting the days til Sept 19! Can't wait!

Kami Hall said...

Enjoy the sleep while you still can! Unless you're like me, and couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep good. But if you can, ENJOY IT! Pretty soon, you'll be wishing he was back in. HAHA!

Megan said...

The last month is the worst! Good luck!

Elaine said...

Let's see... 2 cm. 50% I'm guessing you will go before the 19th. I'll say Sept. 9th. That is grandparent's day... Do it for the old folks... It's also a Sunday so go early so you can rest the day away. GOOD LUCK!!!

Abbi said...

I can always count on Mike and your stories about Mike to make me laugh out loud! I absolutely love his phrases and words, and "borafill" is the best. And that is so exciting that you are going to have a brand new baby in less than a month! Straight from heaven.

Jenni said...

You deserve to talk all you want about pregnancy. I hope all goes well for you!