Thursday, August 09, 2007

snippets

This morning we went to K and J's new school and met their teachers. We signed them up to take the bus on the first day of school and I think they are all ready to go (school starts this Monday)! I remembered how I felt a year ago when I sent them off to kindergarten. I wasn't ready to send them off on the bus on the first day of school, that's for sure! But boy do I have independent little guys that can handle things like that. They say they have no worries about finding their classrooms or catching the right bus (remember, this is a new school for them!). I have confidence they can do it. They are sure different than what I was like as a little girl!

A year ago before going off to kindergarten.



My bumper pads are almost completely done. I love how they are turning out! I love how the babies room is coming together! More pictures to come when it's done.




For the first time, I have a desire to have maternity photos taken. I wouldn't have dreamed about it for my first or second pregnancies. But thinking that this is my last pregnancy, this is obviously my last chance to do this. I won't have a naked belly, - too many stretch marks for that. Not pretty. And actually, I have the most desire to have a photo shoto when my boys come up and rub my belly. So I think that most of the pictures would be of my covered belly and my boys faces and hands. Annie, Natalie, Brekke, where are you when I need you?

Do you know what's so cool about Abbi's new husband, Chad? He has two different colored eyes. I think that one is green and one is brown. Is that right, Abbi? Cool, huh!


17 comments:

Brekke said...

I wish I could fly in for a shoot! Your family is all so photogenic.

Brekke said...

Oh, I love the bumper pads and the black crib. Audrey's is black too!

Jodie Haney said...

Your bumper looks awesome! Great job. You are more of a woman than I am.
Also, those eyes are cool...

Shana said...

I know, I can NOT believe our boys are getting so big!! SAD!! Can't wait to see the nursery too! And I remember noticing Chads different color eyes! Those are some really cute pictures of Abbi & Chad! They are a cute couple!!

Emily R said...

wow!!! so much! ok, your bumper pads are ADORABLE! seriously, i dont know how you have motivation/time for it alL!!!!
i am excited for school to start, although aaron doesnt start for another couple weeks...
ok, his eyes trip me out!! that is crazy! very unique!

Emma said...

Woah! Chad's eyes are freaky! In a cool way!
School starts Monday? We have 4 more weeks!

Elaine said...

Wow, I never realized that when talking to him in person. Now I know two people with Mosaic eyes. (That's what it is called) You're boys are so adorable.. You'll love 1st grade. Playing the Mom and Dad is probably more girl thing but Adyson is not so inclined like Sierra so it's a personality thing too I guess. I'd love to see your nursery. We had fun decorating Kami's

Abbi said...

Audra, your bumper pads look SO good!! Wow! I love them. And I love both of the last two pictures you've posted of Chad and I! I need to get them printed and frame them! And Chad's eyes are actually both green, but he has what's called an iris nevus on his left eye. It's like two big brown freckles on his eye. So since the freckles take up most of his eye, it just looks like his left eye is brown! Cool, huh! :)

Ashley said...

Cute room! I love it. You are a very talented lady. Wish the boys luck on their first day of school from us!

Natalie said...

the bumper is fabulous - love it! great prego-lady photo idea - I can just see your cute boys and you in that photo - perfect!

Megan said...

Your bumper pads are so cute!

Michelle Pyne said...

The beginning of a school year is such an exciting time! I wish I could be there to see K & J off on the bus headed for first grade!

The new baby's room is awesome! Excellent work on the bumper pads!

Give everyone a hug from us!

Michelle Pyne said...

I forgot to let you know how much I love the pictures of Abbi and Chad! Great photography of a great couple!

Kami Hall said...

I love the bumper pads! You are so much more talented than I am!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see more pictures of your nursery! Looks beautiful! And your boys really are so independent - if anyone can get on a school bus and find their new classroom in a new school as 6 year olds, it's Kyle and Jordan.

Anonymous said...

Girl you have so many comments! Take a pic of the nursery when it's all complete. How fun to actually do one this time. We have been in the same boat as you.

I think it's great they are independent. Dylan is too and I really like it! By the way I finally read Twilight and I am now going to start new moon..Never thought I would be so hooked.

Angela said...

Are you going to share you maternity photos? I'm sure you are the most beautiful pregnant woman around!