If there is one thing that Mike does really well, it is work. You give him a job to do and he will do it better than most people. His mother helped instill that great work ethic in him by giving him jobs and projects around the home. So, when I call him at work and say, "I don't know what to do with the boys." He will say, "Put them to work." When I say, "The boys are fighting", he says, "Put them to work." When I say, "The boys are whining", he says, "Put them to work." They know that they can do jobs around the home and earn money. They also know that if they say bad words, hurt their brothers, or make a huge mess, I will put them to work without any pay. I must say that it has worked rather niceley! We all benefit - the boys benefit with a good work ethic (though they just complain that they are slaves and I say, "you'll appreciate it when you're older!") and money, and I benefit with extra helping hands. During the Thanksgiving break, the boys had a great opportunity to earn some money. And they did a great job!
They worked hard.




And they played hard.


That is our motto:
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!
12 comments:
Good thinking...boys need to work! I need to implement this.
Joe has the same motto! The kids always groan when he is in charge of FHE because he will say things like "tonight we will be cleaning the garage" or "detailing the car" or "shoveling out horse stalls". It's a good thing. The pictures are great.
Yeahoooooo!! Kyle, Jordan, Tanner, way to work! Pretty soon, working will be as fun as playing! We're proud of you and we're proud of your parents for teaching you to work!
That looks like fun! They did a great job!
I love that! I am so going to start that around here...Mike is pretty smart. Well, I should say, Mike's Mom is pretty smart.
GREAT PICTURES!!!
great motto. And great pictures!
Great Motto!! I think I will do the same thing. My kids hate to work!! I try to tell them that if they didn't mess stuff up, they wouldn't be having to clean it up all the time!! It never works!! From now on, they will work when they are bored!! Or fighting!! Thanks Audra! By the way! I found your blog through Jessi's!! I can't believe you have so many boys!!! They are cuties!
Lori
WHAT A GREAT MOTTO!! And what awesome pics! I love them. I need to put my kids to work more often! Thanks for the simple reminder... When they fight, GET TO WORK! When they say they are bored... GET TO WORK! Ya, Ya, sounds like a perfect idea! :)
I can't believe how old your boys are looking in these pictures! They sure are growing up. What good little workers they are! I think that's so awesome you and Mike are teaching them how to work. I want to be a mom who teaches her kids how to work hard, too.
The Work ethic is thankfully very well engrained in our lives, I see Dad and Mom smiling down on us as we instill it in our children. Reminds me of the picture of Dad in my guest room., "He loves to pick up and go any ole day... But first.. We'll weed the garden and put on a tank of spray."
I like that motto a lot! That is something that you can never go wrong with....teaching your kids to work.
I'm taking notes...
Post a Comment