Thursday, February 25, 2010

RTT

Random Thought Thursday

- I don't particularly love to sew, but I'll sew if I have to. I have a project in mind so the sewing machine is out. Cross your fingers (I am!) that it works.

- Right when the boys come home from school is the most stressful part of the day for me. Too many kids needing attention all at once. I start munching on food even though I'm not hungry. My clothes are getting tighter.

- I went to a boys high school basketball playoff game the other night. I went by myself and I sat by some friends from church. They were really surprised I was there alone. Well, I've gone to the movies by myself also. What would they think of that?

-Abbi, I love the jeans you gave me. Thank you again!

- In less than a week I'll be in London with my brother, sisters, and mom. Mike bought me a colorful umbrella to bring on my trip. Very sweet of him. I had my haircut today. Now I just need to figure out what to wear. I don't have a lot of cold weather clothes. I guess I'll be wearing the same thing over and over.

- Josh is crawling all over the desk and keyboard.....Skdurioajskdfhaiyioihehiwo.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

oh i love our thoughts! MERELY A WEEK AWAY, YOUR LONDON TRIP?!?! yes, that umbrella will be very handy. as far as what to wear: at least two pair of cute and comfortable shoes, a scarf and gloves for warmth (that way you don't have to pack and tote around a huge coat - scarves and gloves will keep you warmer anyway), LAYERS LAYERS LAYERS and most importantly for wet winter weather in london - a hat that is functional and cute. it will keep fly-away hair down in humidity, help you blend in and keep you warm. SO THRILLED to hear all about it!!

Jessi said...

What to wear, what to wear!! I'm having that same dilemma. I want to be warm, but I want to look cute. For me, those things don't usually coincide.

likeschocolate said...

Audra, I have a couple of medium sweaters if you would like to borrow them. Also, I go to the movies all the time by myself. We should go together. I eat too because my boys do not listen and I say the same thing over and over. Then I get stressed and then I eat. I am learning a glass of water works and gum too! Carrots are also a good alternative because they are crunchy and that seems to relieve stress somehow. I am so excited for you to go on your trip. I can't wait to see all the photos!

Bonnie said...

WOW london cool!! Have a great trip! I've been melting carmels in a bowl in the microwave and cutting up apples and we eat little carmel apple fondue after school!

Audra said...

Natalie - if only I was as good at fashion as you are! I don't have cute and comfortable shoes (they are either cute or they are comfortable but not both) and I don't have any cute hats either. You might have noticed that I only have one black baseball cap that I wear too much. Yes, I need to go shopping, but it's not going to happen. :( I can't fit it in to the schedule between now and Wednesday. I've run out of time! I do have scarves and gloves so I'll bring those. Thanks for the tips!

Kelleyn, yes, I'd love to borrow some sweaters!

Natalie said...

here's the link to that etsy shop selling the KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON posters:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/sfgirlbybay

Natalie said...

oh and check target for the hats - my target has cute black bucket hats on clearance and cute scarves, too. i actually have an adorable red bucket hat that i can send you if you like - it's a water-wicking one that repels water. if i send it tomorrow will it get there in time?! it would look fabulous with your dark hair! send me word and i'll mail it to you!