Monday, March 22, 2010

whole lot of London

My last thoughts about our London trip:

-We saw so much so fast. I think I need to see it all over again.
-I wish I had more time to shop and more space in my suitcases to carry stuff home.
-I wish I had taken a picture of the beefeater (the tour guide at the Tower of London). He was so entertaining.
-That city is chalk full of history. Half the time I was in London I was pretending I lived back in the 1800's and I was really rich and I was wearing a really pretty dress with my hair up all beautiful. You know, like the movies. Wonder what it was really like back then.
-Best part of the trip was the company I was with. Love you guys!
- If pressed to pick my favorite things to visit, I'd have to say the National Gallery (amazing art), Tower of London (so intriguing), and St. Paul's Cathedral (awe-inspiring).
- I was really nervous to travel. Thank goodness I had Abbi (who's lived in London) and the rest of my fam with me to take care of me. I'm such a baby.
- Maybe next time I go back to England, I can visit the English countryside.
- I owe Mike big time.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

oh audra - i know what you mean! i echo all your favorite places - i couldn't spend enough time at st. paul's and the national gallery. didn't you LOVE that small chapel within the walls of the tower?! apparently you cannot get married there unless you are the child of a beefeater or are marrying one. seriously how fabulous would that locale be?! traveling "with" you through london was so fun - thanks a million again for my souvenirs!