Thanks, Shana, for checking up on me again! I know I have really slowed down with the blogging. I have slowed down with everything. This pregnancy is giving me the beat down! It has been so hard for me. And it makes me think about Jake as he goes through his chemo sessions. Bad health is such a huge trial! I am counting down the days till the second trimester. I am expecting (HOPING) that my yucky symptoms go away at that time.
What has been so hard is that I am not the only one with bad health. Kyle has strep throat. Mike had a little bug for a while. And Jordan came down with ring worm from school (and proudly announced it to strangers!). This happened all at once. So it has been hard, but I know it could be so much worse. And as we are dealing with these struggles, I keep thinking about Elder Wirthlin's last general conference talk, "Sunday Will Come." It is in reference to the resurrection of the Savior. The Friday before his resurrection on Sunday was the darkest, most awful time. But Sunday came and He returned with glory, giving everyone hope. So, we must remember through our dark times, that "Sunday will come" and things will get better. We can always turn to Jesus and there is always hope for a better tomorrow.
What has been so hard is that I am not the only one with bad health. Kyle has strep throat. Mike had a little bug for a while. And Jordan came down with ring worm from school (and proudly announced it to strangers!). This happened all at once. So it has been hard, but I know it could be so much worse. And as we are dealing with these struggles, I keep thinking about Elder Wirthlin's last general conference talk, "Sunday Will Come." It is in reference to the resurrection of the Savior. The Friday before his resurrection on Sunday was the darkest, most awful time. But Sunday came and He returned with glory, giving everyone hope. So, we must remember through our dark times, that "Sunday will come" and things will get better. We can always turn to Jesus and there is always hope for a better tomorrow.


4 comments:
I loved that talk! What a beautiful applications of it in your life. I am HOPING that your yucky symptoms go away too!!
PS What is ring worm? I can totally picture Jordan proudly announcing he had it to strangers, though! What was it he said to Dave--"Have you ever heard of earth worms?" Haha.
I'm so sorry about everything! Good luck with it all!
Audra
Oh, Thank You so much for this blog. It is something I really needed to hear! Especially with Jake going back for Chemo on MOnday. I will probably go back and read this blog a lot during this next week. It brings great hope thinking that Sunday will come and we will be healthy, happy and everything will be alright! The only way to get through the hard times is to trudge straight through them and get past them as quickly as possible! It scares me (and Jake) thinking that he is about to start Chemo again. I want to cry and cry some more just thinking back about what we have been through, especially Jake. And when I think about it, I do not know how we ever survived. We have great family and friends who give wonderful support and I really think that is how we have done it! I wish so badly that we could help you out right now while you are dealing with this hard pregnancy. I could not imagine being pregnant and so sick with 3 little monkeys at my feet. I wish I could take them from you and bring them to play at my home all day long so that I could give you a break! How I wish we lived near one another!!! It is all about support and if there is any way that I could help you out, let me know!! I think about you a lot and hope you start to come out of it and get better soon!! :)
Love ya millions
Shana
PS Chad & Abbi are coming over tomorrow, I am very excited to see them!! :)
I hope you (and your fam) feel better soon! Thanks for sharing that talk, I needed to hear that!
Post a Comment