Sunday, May 06, 2007

I Have Decided

I have decided that instead of doing big old parties for my boys birthdays (other than pinata hitting because that has to be a tradition!), we will have them choose one friend to do some cool experience with. My boys are high adventure boys so their birthdays would be a great time to do high adventure activities with them. In the future, we might go camping, hiking, repelling, rock climbing, parasailing (which we might do this month), shooting, river tubing, river rafting, etc. This year we went fishing in a little pond. Doesn't sound too crazy, but it sure was exciting for them when they caught a fish! They had their friends,
Bryson (and his family)
and Max.






My boys are such outdoor, nature boys that I finally figured that that would be the best brithday gift - cool experiences that they will always remember.

9 comments:

Abbi said...

Brilliant! I look forward to hearing about your high adventures!

Natalie said...

very cool photos, Audra - and I love the idea about simplifying and giving the boys an experience. I remember when my parents made the switch from huge party to special experience - what a difference it made in their stress level, I'm sure.

Jessi said...

Love, love, love the idea! You can just look at their faces and see what an awesome time they had!! (And did Teddy talk them into parasailing??)

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! Thanks

Megan said...

What a fun idea!

Jodie Haney said...

that is great!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Jordan and Kyle! I remember when we moved to Texas they were just little tiny guys!

Michelle Pyne said...

It doesn't get funner than that! (Is 'funner' a word??) Great idea for celebrating a birthday!

Shana said...

AWESOME idea Audra! I really love it! What great pictures! It looks like they had a wonderful time!! :)