Monday, May 07, 2007

Multiples

Mrs. Dub, who I don't know, but I like her blog, brought up the topic of having multiples - twins, triplets, quads, etc (on April 4, 2007). She talked about the people (we all know them) who crave multiples. She even knew someone who prayed for identical twins! Mrs. Dub ended her thoughts about multiples with "...I’ll take mine one at a time. You know, if I can have a say in these things. What about you?" So being a mother of twins, I definitely have thoughts on the subject! I didn't comment on her blog and decided I'd talk about it here on my own blog. I started listing all my pros and cons with my experience with identical twins. The lists got longer and longer, until I threw up my hands and said, "Forget it! Let's just simplify this!"

The Cons - It is really hard with a lot of work and little sleep all at the same time.

The Pros - They are best buds and are so fun. And you get to take pictures like these!








* photo credit to Natalie













*last four photos by Annie.
I didn't ever want twins. I never thought I'd have twins. I had no idea how much work they'd really be. But man is it such a joy to see them grow up together, learn together, play together, work together, laugh together, and love together. They may be twice the work, but we get twice the blessings! I love my boys to death! But that being said, I have to agree with Mrs. Dub and ask for my babies to come without a buddy! Thank you Tanner, thank you baby boy #4 for coming all by yourself. It makes it easier on your mama!






13 comments:

Jessi said...

Looking at those pictures makes ME want to have twins! I seriously think you could make money off those kids. They are so photogenic!!

Ashley said...

What great pictures! They are so cute! I miss those boys.

Michelle Pyne said...

What DARLING pictures! Those two little fellows are sweethearts!(when they're asleep?) How wonderful to have documented so well their life together! Hats off to their mother who makes them and everything else possible!

Shana said...

Oh Goodness! These are amazing pictures! I love to look at pictures of your boys. It really shows how happy they are and what a great mama you are to them and what a great daddy Mike is! You are a great photographer as well!
Thanks so much for posting these! And it always amazes me how BUFF your boys are! Man! I agree, more than one would be so hard to handle! I think you have done an amazing job!!

tara said...

Audra... All I can say is WELL DONE! I seriously l-o-v-e you. Your boys are wonderful and those pictures melt my heart! It is so fun to watch them grow up! I was just telling a friend today about "my friend Audra- mother of soon to be -four- boys" I think about you often and wish we'd gotten together more before you moved, after all I wasn't that far away! (I was in California in Oct. when you actually moved) {{hugs}} from H-town!

Abbi said...

Your boys are so handsome!!! I think you are an amazing mom to your twins. They are so much work, and you have given them so much. Three cheers for Audra!

Natalie said...

seriously, the photos alone are worth it, right? :D such a lovely job on yours, Audra - you are a great photographer.

Mindy said...

Only you, Audra. No one could handle it with such grace. Man, I miss your kids. My mom's a twin, so I'm always a little apprehensive at the first ultrasound, but there's always a little something inside me that has that excited-butterfly thing going on. I don't know why.....though after looking at those pics, I can start to get an idea.

Emily R said...

i think twins go to the moms that can handle them! So...i dont think i will be getting any! ;)
you are amazing, and your boys are great and i LOVE those pics!

Emma said...

Before I got married, I thought it would be cool to have twins at some point (my grandpa was a twin), but now I am glad mine come one at a time.
Those pictures are amazing! You are such an inspiration! David was next to the computer when I was looking at the pictures and he said, "It's Kyle and Jordan! I miss them". I do too! Thanks for posting!

Jodie Haney said...

those are the most awesome pictures ever! how special!

Anonymous said...

You should post some baby picture of them too, and when they were really little. I remember when you moved here, they were about 15 months old...I'd love to see pictures of them at that age again!

Megan said...

I love those pictures!