Tuesday, July 31, 2007

busy


It's been a few days since I posted. I have been busy trying to "make it work". I am attempting to make a crib set for my baby boy. This is the first time I get to make a real nursery room. I feel a little in over my head, but it is an exciting challenge for me. Sewing is not my specialty. It makes me nervous, but I keep telling myself, "I can do hard things" (an attitude that Jessi has adopted). So even if it doesn't turn out exactly like I want it to, I am going to do it!


Oh, and I just got my hands on the 7th Harry Potter book. So that also might keep me busy for a while....or a day. We'll see.

8 comments:

Kami Hall said...

Sewing isn't my specialty either. In fact, I can't really sew at all. Good luck!

Michelle Pyne said...

Keep me posted on the progress of the crib set! It's going to be wonderful!!

Kjirsten said...

I cannot believe all that you do! You are truly amazing. When you get your crib set done, love it...not because its perfect but because you went out of your comfort zone and tried something new.

John said...

No more excuses. Your blog should come first!

Jodie Haney said...

The Bumper will be the hard part. I broke a least 4 needles! Everything else, you can do no problem!
My advise, like you asked, just buy a bumper and do the rest yourself.

Natalie said...

sewing bumpers is such a pain! I tried with Channing to make one and we did alright, but not great. I hear you on sewing projects galore - I just finished window treatments for the kitchen, Jayden's room and Chelsea's room - the Master Bedroom window treatments will have to wait until the next credit card statement...."make it work!", right?

Audra said...

John, what? Excuse me? Can you repeat that? I don't think I heard you right.

Elaine said...

I relate to being nervous. Sewing is ok for me but crocheting is anything but relaxing. I look at what your Mom has made and am in awe. So glad to hear that you may not need a C-Section keep us posted on everything. It's getting closer.