Friday, July 27, 2007

making it work

I have been thinking and planning, planning and thinking about how to decorate this house of ours. As you all saw, I have a long way to go! There are some things I am willing (have to) wait for. But then there are other things, I want right now! They are constantly on my mind. I dream about it every night! And of course there are some big obstacles in just whipping this together. "If only I had more money. If only I had more free time. If only I had more energy." Etc. But then I hear Project Runway's Tim Gunn's voice echo in my mind,

"MAKE IT WORK."


I like that phrase.

12 comments:

Jodie Haney said...

I like that!

Leslie said...

gotta love tim gunn. ;)

Michelle Pyne said...

Hey, I like that phrase! I'm going to adopt it as my own! Thanks for the tip!

Mindy said...

Man, I miss that show.

Brekke said...

I love that phrase! I can't wait for the new show.

Natalie said...

oh how I love Tim Gunn!!

Abbi said...

But also, like I said on the phone, "keep it real." There's no point having unrealistic expectations of what you can do, unless you don't value your sanity or your credit score. :) This is something I am working on--keepin' it real.

Kami Hall said...

I've never seen him, I think I need to!

Angela said...

I remember thinking all those same things when we got into our home! I think part of making it work involves making what you have work, along with making things work until you can get what you really want... (the voices and the dreams do die down after a while, much to my surprise and relief!)

Something else I've realized, you just need to get your home to a place that you like, not everyone else. We all have different styles. I learned this when a girl I know spent a lot of money changing things in her home, and I thought, it's nice, but I liked it the other way a little better... but it didn't matter what I thought, because she was thrilled with it. Just a little food for thought!

Melissa said...

I know how you feel! You're so creative you'll do just fine!

Michelle said...

Making a house a home does take TIME, as far as the decorating aspect of it goes. So, I love that quote!

Emily R said...

hey!!! where did you get your boys' bunkbeds? i would say dont stress about the house (although it is kindof fun) - we took FOREVER on our house, and it still isnt done!!! (i.e. we have been here 4 years and BARELY 3 months ago got a new couch so we BARELY NOW dont have an empty living room) oh well. we are slow/unmotivated! and i am just thinking, who really cares what my house looks like??? i cant believe all you are doing! and preggers too!!! WOW