Tuesday, August 21, 2007

fascinating


Tuesday is garbage day. And Tanner knows that. He is fascinated with garbage trucks and he insists on sitting on the driveway, waiting to see it come. And this morning I joined him. I pulled out a camping chair and plopped down at the end of our driveway. We waved to our neighbors as they drove to work and then celebrated when the garbage truck pulled around the corner to pick up our garbage! Tuesday mornings are exciting times in the C* household.
Any other kids (and parents) in love with their garbage trucks? I know there are others!

17 comments:

Elaine said...

Love how you PLOPPED into your chair. You must be pregnant 8+ (months, not centimeters) a little longer wait but soon.
We had a neighbor boy who was REALLY obsessed with garbage trucks and everything to do with them. He would arrange and rearrange our bins and all the neighbors. His favorite day was Garbage day. Enjoy...Tanner

John said...

Garbage Trucks pretty much rule the earth!

Jessi said...

I'll have to tell Tanner that one of our friends is a real life garbage man!!! (Do you think he'll think we're cool?)

Shana said...

What a CUTIE-PIE! Love the picture! And Audra, you are such a good little mama to plop down!!

Emma said...

My kids LOVE the garbage trucks. They come by more than once a week since there are many apartments around here. They are so excited every time even though they cover their ears because it's "too loud".

Chris said...

What a fun memory for him. And for you to take the time to do something that is meaningful to him is awesome. What a darling pic too!!!

Diana said...

I watch it to make sure they don't make a mess on my yard.

Melissa said...

Hailey LOVES to watch the garbage truck too!

Megan said...

Harrison gets a kick out of the garbage trucks too!

Michelle Pyne said...

Maybe we have a future mechnical engineer here. What a great Mom to join in watching the garbage truck show!

Kami Hall said...

Mom, you left out that Markus had to collect "garbage cans" (M&M's mini's containers) He carried those around with him everywhere.

Emily R said...

i am so impressed that you would take the time to do that with him! you inspire me!

Abbi said...

I love that Tanner is fascinated with the garbage truck and I love that you would join him in his fascination. You are such a good mom!!!

cpcox99 said...

Brady loves the garbage truck too. That mechanical arm is pretty fascinating. :)

Jenni said...

Garbage day is a hit at our house. In our city the garbage is a private service so we have 4 garbage trucks from different companies coming up our cul-de-sac during the day. Pretty exciting for little kids!

Jennifer said...

We are garbage junkies too! Every day out the window!

Lori said...

My kids love garbage day too! They run to the window or outside whenever they hear it coming from the road behind us! I just love knowing I have an empty can to fill up again!