Tuesday, November 20, 2007

christmas cards

Is it wierd to send Christmas cards to you, my blogging buddies, that include pictures that you've already seen and news that you already know? This blogging world has changed things up a bit. What do you guys think about it?

14 comments:

Leslie said...

i still want one!

plus, my husband only ever looks at our families' blogs, so at least do it for neal's sake. :)

Emma said...

I think I'll still send an email letter and picture to my blogging buddies. It's fun to get email too!

Kjirsten said...

I for one LOVE the Coleman Christmas card, and my kids love to see your kids. But do what works for you. I'll just hsve to show my kids your blog at Christmas time.

tara said...

Not at all! I love christmas cards and I save them, for years, so do send! (Although I'm quite the hypocrite b/c I decided I wasn't sending paper christmas cards until David finishes residency... had to cut down somewhere, and this was regretably one of them. Coming December 2009)

Michelle Pyne said...

You definitely have a point there. Do you try and create a completely new presentation for your Christmas card, or do you just say "Merry Christmas" online and call it good? Personally I would make a 'Christmas Card blog' and then consider all the blogger friends contacted. It's up to you, though.

Audrey said...

I just love getting Christmas Cards! I think it is one of the best things about christmas. We put them all up on display in our home, and the ones with pictures are even better because then we can talk to our kids about the family that sent them! So cards are always welcome in our house!

Jessi said...

I talk to you almost every day, see you once a week or so, read your blog and STILL like seeing your Christmas card.

Natalie said...

I LOVE Christmas cards - mostly because they are so full of tradition - there's nothing like going to the mail box and finding a lovely Christmas card from people you love and miss seeing. Yes, blogs have allowed for connections to remain there despite distance. But for me, it's cheaper to send Christmas cards to the 75 people on my list than to send them a gift - but then I'm addicted to giving gifts.

John said...

Uhhhh . . . I am a little offended you thought about NOT sending us one. So, yes you should send one or I will not read your blog anymore*.


*This is assuming we were going to get one in the first place which might have been a little stretch. If we weren't going to get one then no big deal . . . I will continue, reluctantly, to read your blog. :)

Kami Hall said...

I like christmas cards. It might be a little repetetive, but it's the thought that counts.

Elaine said...

Ok ,,,I am the voice of easy and reason. I Love your cards and I totally understand what your saying. I will so understand not getting one if I can check on your blog and know what your doing. Your blog pictures are book boundable. I do Christmas cards maybe every 5 yrs.

Ashley said...

I'm with everyone else - I love getting Christmas Cards!

Audra said...

Come on John. Why did you doubt?

Michelle Pyne said...

Well, it looks like you'd better get busy on your Christmas cards for this year! I can't wait to get it!