Friday, March 13, 2009

random sampler

Mike and I went shooting tonight. Thanks to our friends, Reed and Andrea, we had a small arsenal of guns to shoot with. So cool. And I loved shooting the guns! We had such a great time with Reed and Andrea.

Notice the fire coming from the gun when Mike is shooting it.




Josh likes raw cauliflower. But he also knows the ice cream truck too well.

I had a ton of hair when I was 20 months old.

I still have a ton of hair and I don't know what to do with it. I'm not so good at styling hair. If I was on American Idol, I wonder what the stylists would do to me. Wouldn't that be fun, to have a stylist.

Josh is my best buddy and little shadow. He even needs to sit on my lap when I'm getting ready in the morning. Part of me thinks, "Leave me alone for just ten minutes!" And then I remember how fast he is growing up and I pick him up and cuddle him. That kid is a great cuddler!


I'm absolutely loving my bird houses that Mike got me! Mike gives the best gifts - I tell him exactly what I want and he gets it and I say, "thank you, thank you, this is exactly what I wanted!" and we are both happy. I see all sorts of beautiful birds every day. In middle school I thought my math teacher was such a nerd because he was a bird watcher. Now I am. A bird watcher. And a nerd?


To my family - I took a break from editing the funeral and viewing photos, but I will get on that soon and post the pictures I took.

11 comments:

Kelsey said...

Ok Audra, I never thought you would lay your hand on a gun but it looks like you enjoyed it! I wouldn't want to mess with you in a dark alley. About your hair, I am not sure that you should do anything to your hair, it's beautiful. Maybe a stylist might give you back some bangs...just maybe not as much as you had in high school.

likeschocolate said...

I better watch out-you are dangerous. You have great hair! Boy do you and Josh look so much alike.

Ashley said...

I love the shooting pictures! You are a woman of many talents. The picture of you under the one when you are 20 months old is beautiful! I feel your pain on having so much hair and not knowing what to do with it!

Jessi said...

David would have loved to go shooting. Did you enjoy it?

I like cauliflower. But not raw.

That picture of you and your hair is SMOKIN'!!

Joshie is a little lover.

I want some bird feeders, too. Those pictures are so pretty.

I'm waiting patiently to see more of the pics from UT.

Shana said...

I can't wait to see the funeral pictures! Audra, you are beautiful!! I am so glad I got to see you! Thanks for visiting us!!
Isn't that a fun date?? Shooting guns? I Hope you had fun! I love you tons! And yes, just eat up every minute of that cuddly boy, because pretty soon, he will be all grown up! :(

Brooke Romney said...

Wow. What a fun catch up post. I love it! And, I wish I had your hair, gorgeous! Mike keeps wanting me to go shooting and I keep refusing, but you make it look hot!

Michelle Pyne said...

I shot a gun once and didn't like it one bit. Too much power.

Josh likes raw califlower? Amazing!

You style your hair beautifully! You don't need a stylist, for goodness sakes!

Good for you to remember how blessed you are to have a little buddy who wants to be with you 24/7!

I can't wait to see the cardinals visiting your birdhouses when I come. I love to see the birds! I am a nerd right along with you! No wait, we are NATURALISTS, not nerds.

Abbi said...

What a fun random sampler! And I love that you are a bird watcher...I love little birds!

Abbi said...

P.S. I forgot to say thank you for your comment on my blog! It made my day!! You are so nice to me.

Julianne said...

Your hair is so pretty - why do you have to do something different with it?
The photo of you and Josh is so cute he is a little doll. I miss you seeing you guys here in Houston.

Anonymous said...

Audra - thank you for your sweet comments. I've been keeping up with your blog too, and talking to KC about your grandpa. I'm so sorry to hear about his death. We're both going through the same thing right now. I miss you!