Thursday, April 02, 2009
I will be there
Today I went to Kyle's and Jordan's author parties at school. Each student has their own book that they wrote and illustrated. At the author party, the parents come and read the children's books and write their reviews in the back. Having twins is tricky with these kinds of things. You want to make it special for both of them, but obviously you can't be at two places at once. It involves a lot of back and forth from room to room. I first went to Jordan's classroom and signed his book and a few others. I then slipped out to make it to Kyle's room. The immediate happiness that came to Kyle's face when he saw me walk into his classroom was powerful. I was late, but I had made it and it meant so much to him that I was there. Once inside his classroom, I soon realized there was a small group of kids gathered at the door to the classroom. Their attention was mostly on the door and down the hall, when they got to poke their head out. These kids were looking and waiting for their parents. They didn't care too much about what was going on in the classroom. They were intent on waiting and looking. And oh the joy when their mom and dad finally came! What a powerful message to me. Be there for my kids! It means so very much to them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Priceless!
Yes, I learned that lesson this Thanksgiving when I saw one child be so phyically upset because he was the only one whose parents did not show up for the Thanksgiving dinner.
I was wondering if you were still blogging because you haven't posted in awhile. I hope everything is going well for you and your family and can't wait to see more updated pictures of your family!
What a perfect reminder. My heart aches for all the little kids who are always waiting.
It means the world. Thanks for sharing your insight.
I saw the same thing yesterday at the same kind of book review. I agree. Glad you documented it.
I missed Emily's Christmas party because I didn't know parents were invited. I felt AWFUL when she came home and asked why I didn't come. I just know she was one of the kids waiting at the door the whole time.
That will never happen again.
Your boys are so lucky to have you!
That is such an important thing! You are such a great Mom and your boys are so lucky to have you!
That was so sweet! It made me tear up a little.
Post a Comment