Sunday, January 06, 2008

exhausted crying and big accomplishments

There have been a few times in my life when I have worked so hard and been so exhausted that I cry and cry - just because I am really tired. Today was not one of those times, but close! My urge to cry is an indicator of when I am trying to do more than I am able. I felt the crying come on today, but luckily I didn't reach the point of tears. Instead of crying, a feeling of great accomplishment came over me for completing a big project. As I am typing this, I am thinking, "this sounds wierd." Does anyone else have the "cry when exhausted"response? Anyway, I like the feeling of great accomplishment, but I don't like the out of control crying because I've pushed it too much. But it is tricky to get it just right!


p.s. Don't make fun of me, John.

10 comments:

Jessi said...

Sometimes you just need a good cry. (I wish I could cry more often.)

I'm glad that everything went well though. I want to hear all about it!

Abbi said...

This is a good insight. I'll have times when I cry a lot because I feel like I'm doing a terrible job at life, and maybe this is because I'm pushing myself too hard and am just exhausted. I don't know, I'll have to pay attention and see. But congrats on completing such a big day yesterday! You're awesome.

Kami Hall said...

I cry a lot when I'm tired. Good job on getting something big accomplished!

Chris said...

I'm like Kami. I cry when I'm tired too. Sometimes it does you good though to shed a few tears.

Crystal said...

I get really up tight and not very pleasant when I over do it. My brother named it "Nazi Crystal mode". I have to be really careful. I love the feeling of accomplishment, but like you, need to keep that fine balance. It takes more planning and a lot of patience to get big projects accomplished with four kids. Way to go.

Ashley said...

I understand! Sometimes I just need to cry too! I am glad you had a great sense of accomplishment though!

Michelle Pyne said...

When that happens, you can know you have given your all. That is a remarkable thing!

Also, I think crying releases tension and emotion and is very necessary sometimes. Go ahead and cry.

Jodie Haney said...

I do it, too.

Angela said...

So what big accomplishments have you been working on?

Elaine said...

Don't run faster than you can, Moderation in all things. I have been going, going, going, and now my body has said ENOUGH. And I am sick and tired and need to regroup. We need to listen to our bodies more. Yea, how do you do that with four boys? You are doing great just take it slower...